Home and Community Educators
Florida Association for Home and Community Education (FAHCE) has been a strong voice in promoting a healthier and better life for individuals, families and communities. Building on the strength of the family as the center of a strong citizenry. Assembling In Washington, D.C. in 1936, a determined group of rural farm women had a vision: to strengthen adult education, to share their good sense and experience for improvement of home and community life, and to initiate and promote projects of national importance for the protection of the American family. That vision became the mission of the organization. Early efforts were focused on supporting school lunch programs, development of local public health services, immunization programs for children, implementation of the first bookmobiles, and safety programs. Recent efforts resulted in the establishment of the content-based television programming system for children and families.
Osceola County HCE members are friends, neighbors, and colleagues who take an active role in volunteering in their communities while greatly enriching their personal lives. They focus on family and community issues and are involved in many areas of local, state, and national concerns. Members belong to a club that meets once a month to share talents, develop skills, and gain knowledge from an educational program presented by club leaders. Special projects relating to community needs are chosen by each club.
Let me be:
Eager to Learn
Determined to Succeed
Useful to My Fellow Man
Active In My Organization
Trained to Teach
Open to New Ideas
Ready To Serve
Then I will have earned the honor of being an EDUCATOR
What Do Clubs Members Do?
Members volunteer their time and talent with
various organizations, including Elmer’s Kitchen
and Meals on Wheels.
- Collect and make items for organizations,
including the Ronald McDonald House, Osceola County Health Department, and Habitat for Humanity.
- Participate in 4-H activities such as Osceola
County Fair judging events and Farm City Days
- Educate others by participating in community
events and assisting with educational programs.
Osceola County HCE Clubs
- Boggy Creek: Meets 2nd Monday @ 10:00 am
- Camptown: Meets 2nd Wednesday @ 1:00 pm
- Kissimmee Highlanders: Meets 3rd Thursday
@ 10:00 am (monthly)
- Narcoossee: Meets 2nd Tuesday @ 12:30 pm
- Pine Lakers: Meets 2nd Tuesday @ 10:00 am
- The Sew Bee Its: Meets weekly on Monday’s
@ 5:30 pm
- Every year we hold a Spring and Fall Bingo Fundraiser.
- Our next Spring Fundraiser is April 14, 2017.
- Money raised provides college scholarships to seniors in Osceola County attending a Florida university, community college, or vocational school.
- We meet the first Wednesday of each month, except June-August, at UF/IFAS Extension Services.
- County Council Meeting - 12:30-2:00
- Leader Training - 2:00-3:00
For more information about the organization, or if you would like to join a club or start your own, please contact Gabi Murza at 321-697-3005 or email@example.com.